If you are looking for a discount online brokerage firm, then look no further than Tradeking. It is one of the most resilient trading platforms with probably the lowest stock-trade commissions, with free software (analysis software) and real time data, and an active trading community central to helping its clients manage and execute their strategies.
So for anyone new to online brokerage trading, here are some of the tradable securities that Tradeking is known for…
Stocks: Stocks are issued by joint stock companies or a corporation through an investment bank, and they can also be called “units of equity” or “ownership stock”.
Bonds: Bonds are loans issued to an organization. They can be also called debts. Investors can buy or sell debt securities.
Mutual funds: These are a collection of assets managed and pooled by multiple investors to buy stocks, bonds and other securities.
ETFs: Similar to mutual funds, ETFs hold other individual securities, but unlike mutual funds, ETFs fluctuate continuously all day.
Options: This is a contract where the buyer has the right to buy or sell an asset at a specific price, on or before the specified date. The seller also has an obligation to fulfill the transaction, if and when the buyer exercises the option.
Advantages of Tradekings
1. If you are new to online brokerage, then Tradekings has an informative page that will teach you everything you should know about how to invest: Tradeking Education Page
2. For anyone wanting to start an online portfolio, TradeKing is ideal, since it has no minimum to open an account, and they charge a low fee of $4.95 per stock trade. Options trade at 65 cents with a base charge of $4.95 per trade. For more information : TradeKing Rates
3. Tradeking are known for their promotional offers. TradeKing Promotional Offers
4. Free Data analysis, research tools and mobile access.
5. Customer Service : Online, by phone, email and live chat. Customer Service Contact Page
Disadvantages of Tradekings
1. No commission-free ETF trades.
2. For account that have been inactive for one year, an annual fee of USD $50 is charged. TradeKing fees